Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and you want to make sure you are utilizing this holiday to market your salon business. Whether your specialty is hair, makeup, lashes, massage, or skincare, everyone wants to feel pampered on Valentine’s Day! According to the National Retail Federation, more than half of Americans will celebrate, and U.S. consumers are expected to spend more than $21.8 billion on Valentine’s Day in 2021. “…there remains a special significance around Valentine’s Day, and consumers are committed to celebrating friends and loved ones, even if that means having to alter those traditional holiday celebrations.” This holiday is made for our super clean and super safe one-on-one salon suite services, retail products, and gift card sales. Drive appointment bookings and increase retail and gift card sales by catering to Valentine’s Day shoppers with promotions your clients will “love!”
- Put together a retail package that is easy for someone to come in and pick up. Make sure you promote via email marketing and social media. You can purchase gift packages at My Suite Store as a Suite Elite Member and display them in your salon suite.
- Offer special Valentine’s Week services like a blowout, facial, lashes, or massage.
- Focus on couples by creating promotions like his/her shampoo and conditioner pairings, buy one-get one promotions, and any other add on services.
- Use the correct hashtags on social media to reach the audience you desire. #ValentinesDay, #ValentinesDay2021, #ValentinesDayIdeas, #ValentinesDayGifts, #SinglesDay, #BeMine, #GalentinesDay and be sure to use a hashtag for your location!
- Work with a local restaurant to come up with an advertising package together. A day at your salon suite followed by a romantic dinner at their restaurant. Small businesses need to support one another especially now.
- Promote your gift cards via social media and email marketing for those last-minute shoppers!
- Show your love to your clients on social. Take the first two weeks in February to show why you love your clients. Post transformations or just let them know you appreciate their business- especially this past year.
- Ask your clients to share the love for you with open-ended posts like “The one thing I love most about being a (your Salon Suite name) client is _______________________________________.” You can offer up a gift card for coffee to ensure people respond to the post for a lucky winner. Use the responses as mini-testimonials on your website, social networks and email marketing.